Wednesday, July 25, 2012


Lewis Elliot and Heather Godina - Great Team!! 
Lewis Elliot has a passion for triathlon competition.  When Lewis lost his mother to breast cancer in 2003, he decided to turn the sport he loves into a way to make a difference for women battling breast cancer.  Since its launch in 2007, the 
Tri for the Cure, has raised over $200,000.   "I wanted to do something for breast cancer and a few of us got together and thought about a triathlon, and naturally, Komen came to mind," says Lewis. "And pretty quickly, we decided to make it an all-women's triathlon.  And from the first year we had it in 2007 it has been a tremendous success. "


Hello Ladies,  For those of you that don't know me, my name is Heather Godina. I have been riding with NWLB for about a year, although recently, I have been training with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) for my first ever Half Ironman ~ Soma in October! I am very excited!! Training is going well! I am getting stronger with every week's practices! In addition to training for Soma, I am also fundraising to put an end to Blood Cancer. As you may know, I am a cancer survivor. At the age of 29, I was diagnosed with stage 3 Breast Cancer. I underwent 6 months of chemotherapy followed by 7 1/2 weeks of radiation. I am well now, but on a mission. I am a firm believer that once a cure is found for once type of cancer, all the rest will follow right behind. This is where I need your help. Join the team in helping to find a cure for, not only Blood Cancer, but for ALL cancers by making a tax-deductible donation to "My Fundraising Page" at http://pages.teamintraining.org/az/somatri12/hgodina. Your donation will be going to such a great cause and every little bit helps! I appreciate your help in reaching my goal!! I look forward to riding with you again soon! 
Thanks to everyone! Heather Godina

Last Sunday - New Gals - Lenee and Jamie
Nice job on Tour de Pain - Via Linda Hills.  We had about 20 gals, and some of us knew all the right short cuts to keep up with the A Group.  Thanks for hanging in there with the heat and humidity. 

Hope to see you at one of our cycling, running, swimming or social events.... stay tuned.  Also check out our Facebook - NWLB!!



No comments:

Post a Comment